09 May Why is it important for teachers keep in-touch with the latest technology in the classroom?
Although we may not always realise, technology is an integral part of our daily lives. It influences how we communicate, socialise, connect, play and learn. Although the use of technology increases its presence in our daily lives, it would be vital to ensure the presence of technology in the classroom. Yet there are still some schools which delay the use of imminent technology in the classroom, even though it is a valuable learning tool for teachers.
Here are a few recommendations from us as to why it’s important to keep technology in the classroom.
1) If used correctly, will help prepare students for their future careers, which will inevitably include the use of wireless technology.
2) Integrating technology into the classroom is definitely a great way to reach diversity in learning styles.
3) It gives students the chance to interact with their classmates more by encouraging collaboration.
4) Technology helps the teachers prepare students for the real world environment. As our nation becomes increasingly more technology-dependent, it becomes even more necessary that to be successful citizens, students must learn to be tech-savvy.
5) Integrating technology in education everyday helps students stay engaged. Today’s students love technology so they are sure to be interested in learning if they can use the tools they love.
6) With technology, the classroom is a happier place. Students are excited about being able to use technology and therefore are more likely to learn.
7) When mobile technology is readily available in the classroom, students are able to access the most up-to-date information quicker and easier than ever before.
8) The traditional plearning method is adjusted. With technology in the classroom the teacher becomes the encourager, adviser, and coach.
9) Students become more responsible. Technology helps students take more control over their own learning. They learn how to make their own decisions and actually think for themselves.
10) A student can have access to digital textbooks that are constantly updated and often more vivid, helpful, creative, and a lot cheaper than those old heavy books.